Friday, April 13, 2012

True Love?

This morning when I got to work I was checking out some links on cnn.com. After going down the list of ones labeled North Korea about to test a nuke, a New Hampshire police chief killed, three killed in Ohio restaurant shooting, two coast guard members killed in Alaska (sensing a pattern?), I finally came across one titled "A love story made at Chick-fil-A". I really enjoy reading people's stories about falling in love but this one was a video. Apparantly there is a group of people who go around and camp out for the opening of a Chick-fil-A. Now I love chicken biscuits possibly more than anything in this world but I wouldn't camp out for one because I can get them every day. I even had two before going to work this morning.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/us/2012/04/13/dnt-md-chick-fil-a-love-story.cnn

These two lovebirds were camping out for an opening and they kept staring at each other until finally getting up the nerve to talk. When you watch the video you will be shocked at how many Chick-fil-A openings they have gone to. This love story got me thinking about random encounters. Could it be the next time I am waiting in the checkout line at Target that I find my one and only or I could be pumping gas next to my soul mate. With my luck the perfect someone is held up in a chinese prison because of a typo on her passport.

These random encounters that could lead to 60 years or 60 days of marriage can happen anywhere I guess. Another video I watched recently courtesy of my cousin Erica (Thanks Erica!) was from a show called SoulPancake. The name of the episode was chatterbox and what they did was put a ball pit on a street corner with a sign above it saying "Take a seat and make a new friend". What a great idea! I love ball pits and I could sit in one all day. I would love to put a ball pit in my house one day. Anyway to help the process along there were questions the people could ask each other written on bigger balls in the pit. (That's what she said!).

http://cozyhunter.com/musings/chatterbox/

One of my favorite references to true love was made by Westley or the Dread Pirate Roberts in the movie Princess Bride. If you haven't seen it the movie has fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love and miracles according to the storyteller. A couple of my favorite quotes from the movie about true love are "Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while" and "His true love is marrying another tonight, so who else has the cause for ultimate suffering?"

I have always thought of my grandparents as the ultimate true love example. They have been married 65 years now and are still going strong. Well they aren't as strong as they used to be because of age but they are certainly a great example for me and my siblings. Whether we follow that example or not has been another story.



I consider myself quite the romantic, using simple things to make an impression. With my bucket full of ideas and my recent urge to write a lot I have started to write my own love story. It will quite possibly be the greatest love story of all time and I am sure once the five subscribers to this blog pass the story on to friends of theirs and they pass it on to friends of theirs it will be picked up by Random House and then made into a movie by Paramount within the month. I won't provide details yet but the story will make a lot of girls cry and Pretty Woman will no longer be their favorite movie. They will have to pull this book off the shelfs.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment