Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pink Flamingo has risen

With it being Easter and knowing the true meaning of the holiday, you know hunting easter eggs to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. Well nobody really knows how the two are connected but I have found a way to connect them through my blog.

I would like to tell a little story about the birth or rising of my Pink Flamingo. Awhile back I found a pink egg for sale with directions on how to hatch the Pink Flamingo inside. I placed the egg in some water as directed and waited for the process to begin.


The excitement of this entire process was hard to contain. I wanted my pink flamingo to be born right then and had no idea how long it would take. I bought the egg over a weekend and each day and night I hoped progress would be made. I checked it when I woke up in the morning and when I went to bed at night. After no progress the first day I decided to try and speed the process along so I incubated the egg by moving it under the floor lamp for a little while. Sure enough the next morning there was the first crack!



Worried about the late birth of the pink flamingo I thought it would be wise to get it checked out. Since the ultrasound app on my Iphone cost money I went with the free x-ray app. Everything seemed to appear 100 percent good so I was pleased. The crack slowly started to spread over the next couple of days and you could see the neck and body show through.



When the head popped out I decided it would be good to transfer the egg over to a larger container in order to give the pink flamingo more space to breathe. Not wanting to jeopardise the egg or pink flamingo in any way I used some ice cube tongs wrapped in bubble wrap to move the egg from the glass to a bowl.


A few days later the pink flamingo had emerged from the egg. I now was the very proud owner of one of the rarest species of pink flamingo.



As most of the birthing process took place in a Guiness glass I decided to name it Guiness. Here it is in its new home next to my black bear that is trying to avoid being stabbed by a japanese knife.



Now don't you see the significance of the relationship between this story and Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment