Monday, January 23, 2012

Closer to my green jacket

I found out today that I am that much closer to obtaining my Master's degree in Education from VCU as I passed my comprehensive exam I took in December. Now for winning the Master's don't you get a green jacket?


Green jacket, gold jacket, who gives a shit? I now only have to pass my last two classes and that degree is mine. I will have paid something like $15,000 for a sweet piece of paper that will go in the back of my closet with my other two multi-thousand dollar pieces of paper. The bright side is I will not get any more money at work and won't get promoted. So I have that going for me. My dad did tell me I would get my picture in the paper so to the town of Hugo - look forward to that.

As for passing my final two classes - it shouldn't be a problem. This spring I have a sports business class with an awesome professor. I took a class with him last year and he was great. I have a book review and a couple of open book, open notes exams so I should pass that with the flying colors of the rainbow ... you know ROY G BIV. That is made in the shade because my grandpa's name is Roy so mark it down. My other class is a two-week trip to Europe. If they give credit for how many beers I can drink in Dublin I will easily pass. If not then I should get an "A" because we are going to London for a celebrity death match between Big Ben the clock and Big Ben the red, white and blue American. Team USA always wins just like you will see again in August in the London Olympics. I might even take my shirt off, carry my 2x4 and chant USA, USA just like one of my heroes Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Paris could be my downfall although I do like french toast and french fries so if they have those I will do alright. 

Things are looking up in the world of this Big Ben. I am closer to finishing school and two buddies from High School visited last weekend to provide a lot of fun and entertainment for me to help 2012 kick off the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment