Monday, January 30, 2012

Case of the Mondays

Remember in Office Space when the guy says "sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays". I have heard a lot of people talk about it being Monday and them not getting the week off to a good start. Meanwhile I am as happy as a clam like this guy.


I have never really hated Mondays and let me explain my theories of why I don't think it is as bad as everyone thinks. First of all people seem to think that Monday is the start of the week. Yes there is a lot of pressure to get your week started off the right way and it is hard to do with having to go to work after the weekend but it is my belief that Monday is not the first day of the week. Stay with me here.

It makes since to me that Sunday is the first day of the week. Why do you ask? Take a look at a calendar and tell me what day of the week is on the far left .... Sunday. Doesn't it make sense that the calendar would put the first day of the week on the first column.

It makes sense because it is true. Sunday is the first day of the week based on religious reasons I don't know for sure but google it. Thus why do they consider Sunday part of the weekend? Wouldn't everyone feel better if they knew each week started and ended with a day off. What a better way to start your week then watching football or lying around on your couch watching movies. You never hear "sounds like someone's got a case of the Sundays".

Of course for us in college athletics sometimes you go months without a day off so it is really just one very long week. Even still I don't mind Mondays. I don't really even have a favortite day of the week although I mostly think of any day off as my favorite day. For some reason though I felt like I needed to write about it because so many people complained about it being Monday. I am trying to be happy and joyful at all times now so for me it is just another great second day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment